- Jennifer has been an Allstate agent for 9 years, and owned an agency for 7 years.
- She has been in the insurance industry for 17 years.
- She loves it, and can’t image doing anything else.
- She is passionate about growing other people in her agency.
How to keep a smile on your face?
- Everyone has a calling on this earth. If you are working to fulfill this calling and do God’s work, you’ll be happy.
- Understand that it’s okay to make mistakes as long as you learn from them.
- Plant and grow or you’ll have to go.
What qualities do you look for when hiring?
- Personality is more important than skills because skills can be taught.
- Favorite question to ask: Tell us about the hardest decision you’ve ever had to make.
- We look for:
- People with big hearts,
- people that volunteer,
- people that have a love of learning.
How do you keep your team motivated?
- We play a lot of games.
- We dance every day at 3.
- We make music videos and take pictures.
- We have a lot of dresses up days.
- We love to have a good time.
- It’s important to make sure that your day is fun. You need to make a good company culture. Work hard, play harder!
How do you deal with competition?
- We are a team!
- We all have different skills and different abilities.
- There is a lot of competition, and we have a stack rank, but we also work as a team.
- We do a lot of split commissions, and encourage helping each other out.
How does the positive environment relate to sales?
- When you’re in the right mindset, you’ll perform better.
- Each day, we start with gratitude and goal setting mode.
- This helps our team have a growth mindset and it helps them perform better.
- If people enjoy their real life, they’ll bring that joy to their work life.
How have you stayed positive during the pandemic?
- I take things one day at a time.
- I have an incredible tribe of people that I lean on and they lean on me.
- I have a great community of support.
- I watch the sunrise every morning and have a solid routine.
- If you’re having a rough day, start it over again at noon.
- Sometimes instead of one day at a time, take it one hour at a time.
- Today is a gift so unwrap it willingly.
- If you say something out loud, it is more likely to happen.
- Don’t be afraid to reach out for help when you need.
- Make the choice to be happy and present every day.
Listen & Subscribe
I’d love to hear from you!
Have some feedback about the show? Feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com. You can also rate the show in Apple Podcasts or your favorite app to help more people discover The Lady Biz Life!